React, Redux, Rails, Gatsby, Hugo, Docker, Express, Bootstrap, ChartJS, jQuery, PostgreSQL, Redis, Rollup, Webpack
Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Heroku, Netlify
Web Applications, Application Design, Full Stack Development
- A CLI tool to create project scaffolding | Goapp
- Engineered an interactive command line interface tool to give developers a quick and easy way to generate a full stack application in a modular way.
- Created a template schema spec to give developers the ability to distribute and/or use their own templates in an unrestricted manner.
- Leveraged GO's built in templating language and file generation capabilities to render an unlimited number of files in a variety of file types.
- Rails + React Full-Stack Web Application | Invoiced
React, Redux, Rails, PostgreSQL, Docker
- Utilized Rails' polymorphic association pattern to reduce database constraints, resulting in a lighter weight, more optimal, and ultimately scalable application.
- Harnessed Redux single-state management to streamline communication between backend and frontend architecture and implement well-rounded CRUD functionality, letting users update their invoices seamlessly.
- Implemented public or private invoices that the frontend client can handle by making use of persisted data and HTTP status codes.
- Used the browsers asynchronous/await Fetch API to fetch real-time data from The Covid Tracking Project API.
- Rendered dynamic line and stacked bar charts using Chart.js from a RESTful JSON response.
- A PostgreSQL Database Mapping Library | Pgx Scan
- Designed a library that uses reflection to map PGX PostgreSQL data to basic and/or aggregate type(s). PGXScan removes the developers' manual step of explicitly mapping SQL columns to data types.
- Gained a well rounded understanding of reflection type operations and where they can (and should not) be used.
- Marketing Manager | RetailOpsJune, 2016 - August, 2019
- Orchestrated, designed, engineered and deployed a content driven enterprise scale website using Hugo, Bootstrap 4, and Netlify.
- Reduced Ad spend while achieving, on average, a 35% month-over-month growth in organic search traffic; and a 840% increase in our key conversion metric (request a demo).
- Organized customer interviews to communicate our strongest product offering by authoring case studies around their success.
- Lead Product Manager | TaxProfessionals.comDecember, 2014 - February, 2016
- Collaborated with a team of web developers tasked with opening up new revenue opportunities and introducing new features.
- Introduced new user acquisition funnels that improved monthly signup growth by 43%.
- Eller School of Management, Marketing | University of ArizonaSeptember, 2009 - May, 2012
- Software Engineering | App AcademyNovember, 2019 - May, 2020